2 + 2 programme:
"2 + 2 projects" are research and development (R&D) projects involving at least one German and one Indian research institution and at least one German and one Indian research industrial partner. About once a year, the IGSTC publishes a call for proposals in a specific thematic area, which changes every year.
The IGSTC promotes the organisation of workshops on topics of mutual interest in order to create networks and platforms that will further strengthen cooperation between the two countries in the field of research and innovation. The workshops take place either in Germany or India. Preference will be given to applications demonstrating the potential for further joint activities. Training workshops or meetings of only two research institutions will usually not be funded.
Goals of the IGSTC
- Promote Indo-German cooperation in basic and applied science, research and technology through key interactions between government, academia and industry
- Take a proactive role to encourage increased industry involvement in joint R&D projects
- Develop knowledge networks for industrial sectors to enhance competitiveness
- Provide and disseminate information on opportunities for bilateral cooperation in science and technology
- Organise workshops, seminars, and other events on topics of mutual interest
- Encourage public-private partnerships (PPPs) to foster elements of innovation and application and nurture a culture of collaboration between science and industry
- Cultivate contacts between young and experienced scientists and technologists to develop mutual trust, leadership and entrepreneurship
- Support or carry out other jointly agreed future activities