The launching workshop was organised by the South African National Research Fund (NRF) through the International Relations and Cooperation (IRC) Directorate, in partnership with the DLR Project Management Agency (DLR-PT), Germany.
The objectives of the workshop were to:
- allow all the 12 funded South African – German consortia to provide short summaries of the objectives of their projects to the funders;
- for funded researchers to elaborate on how the German / South Africa funding will assist in achieving these objectives;
- understand how the PhD students who are involved in the funded projects intend to utilise this opportunity for their studies;
- for funders to elaborate on their priorities and expectations from researchers; and
- serve as a platform for first project-specific meetings between funded researchers.
The workshop was attended by all funded twenty four Principle Investigators of the consortia, PhD and postdoc students to be supported within the funded projects, funders and government officials.
1 Disclaimer: On 30/31 March 2017, the DLR Project Management Agency took part in a launching workshop in Pretoria in its capacity as one of the organisers. In its function as editor of the website of the 'International Bureau', the DLR Project Management Agency agreed to upload the presentations held during this event to this website thus making them available for download in pdf format subject to the express consent of the speakers concerned. DLR, as the uploading entity, has not monitored the contents of these presentations in any way. In case of incorrect contents, copyright infringements or other violations of the law, please contact Mr Christian Schache (DLR Project Management Agency, department 'European and International Cooperation', e-mail: email@example.com). Any offending material will be removed immediately.