Water management, bioenergy, artificial intelligence: A sustainable society can be reached in many ways. For the past 10 years, BMBF has been awarding young international researchers during the “Green Talents – International Forum for High Potentials in Sustainable Development” competition. This year’s anniversary will be held under the banner “Smart Green Planet – Solutions for a Sustainable Future” and is aimed at all outstanding researchers related to sustainability.
Every year, the Ministry honours 25 young researchers with the ‘Green Talents’ award, under the patronage of Minister Anja Karliczek. Since its inception, the award has recognised 232 young researchers and scientists from 65 different countries for their outstanding achievements and contributions to making their communities, countries and societies more sustainable.
The awardees are selected by a jury of renowned German experts and are granted unique access to the country’s sustainability research elite.
© DLR / Tobias Rücker
The Green Talents award includes:
- an invitation to the fully funded two-week Science Forum 2019, consisting of
- visits to leading German sustainability facilities, institutions and companies with unique insights into their pioneering research and projects
- individual appointments with German experts of the awardee’s choice to discuss possibilities for upcoming joint research and cooperation
- networking opportunities at the 10-year-anniversary Green Talents alumni conference in Berlin with key representatives of the German sustainability landscape
- a fully funded research stay of up to three months at an institution of the awardee´s choice in 2020
- exclusive access to the prestigious Green Talents alumni network.
Deadline for submission: 22 May 2019, 2 p.m. CEST.
For more information please refer to www.greentalents.de or watch the competition trailer:
© BMBF | source: YouTube