‘Green Talents – International Forum for High Potentials in Sustainable Development’ focuses on outstanding young scientists, who are active in the field of sustainable development and are willing to collaborate with German experts and to contribute to sustainability research in Germany. The German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) fosters interdisciplinary approaches in this regard. The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) form the framework for this year’s competition and applicants must indicate, which SDGs their research is contributing to. Applicants can, therefore, come from any scientific field closely related to sustainability research. The submission period ends 24 May 2022 (2 p.m. CEST).
Every year, the Ministry honours 25 young researchers with the ‘Green Talents’ award. Since its inception in 2009, the award has recognised 307 young researchers and scientists from 72 different countries for their outstanding achievements and contributions to making their communities, countries and societies more sustainable.
The awardees are selected by a jury of renowned German experts and are granted unique access to the country’s leading sustainability research specialists.
The Green Talents awardees 2021 © DLR
The 2022 Green Talents award includes:
- invitation to the Virtual Science Forum 2022, consisting of:
- virtual visits to leading German sustainability institutions and companies which provide exclusive insights into their work,
- individual meetings with German experts of your choice to explore opportunities for research collaborations,
- a wide range of workshops dedicated to the SDGs and advancing your scientific career,
- networking opportunities with your fellow Green Talents, participating Green Talents alumni and outstanding German researchers,
- invitation to the top-class Award Ceremony with selected guests;
- a fully funded on-site research stay of up to three months at a German institution of your choice in 2023,
- exclusive access to the prestigious Green Talents alumni network.
Deadline for submission: 24 May 2022, 2 p.m. CEST.
For more information please refer to www.greentalents.de.