25 - 26 September 2019 | Warsaw
One focus of intensive German-Polish cooperation is on environmental and sustainability research. The intensive cooperation between the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) and the Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education (MNiSW) has existed since 2003. During this period a large number of scientists collaborated in bilateral German-Polish research projects. Conferences and professional events as well as annual participation in the international environmental fair POL-ECO-SYSTEM in Poznan, Poland, from 2005-2014 and 2016-2018 deepened the cooperation between Polish and German research institutions, universities and companies.
Six specialist workshops on the following topics will be held during this symposium:
- Application of light-weight materials in e-mobility: New approaches for native or modified wood composites
- Integrative management of water resources and water related risks
- Neutral Lightweight Design - Progressive Approach for Sustainable Mobility
- New trends for plasma-based innovation for environment
- Land Management: Towards visionary peri-urban landscapes? Environmental governance mixes for sustainable peri-urbanisation
- Water Management: Development of innovative technologies and materials based on iron hydroxide for process water and sewage water
The interactive workshops present the research results of the German organisers, but above all they offer the opportunity to present research results of the Polish guests and to hold scientific discussions. In addition, there is time for individual technical discussions.
The 'German-Polish Evening of Research and Development' on 25 September offers the opportunity to meet Polish and German representatives from research, science, business and politics and to discuss joint R&D projects.
Dr Michael Lange
Tel. +49 228 3821 1485