Germany | March 18., 2016 Bonn
The Project Management Agency of the German Aerospace Center (DLR) is one of the partners in the FP7 funded BILAT project KONNECT. Within KONNECT the establishment of a European Interest Group (EIG) with Korea is one of the tasks in Work Package 2, ‘Dialogue platform development’. Work Package 2 has been designed to sustain and support the future of Korean bi-lateral and multi-lateral cooperation on a policy level, establishing and sustaining continuous policy dialogue between the main STI stakeholders from both the EU Member States and Korea (such as research institutions, funding institutions, policy agencies, etc.).
What is a European Interest Group (EIG)?
An EIG is an EU Member State driven initiative, which serves as a platform for information exchange, giving partners from funding and research institutions the opportunity to coordinate their activities. The EIG Korea has been officially established at its first meeting in June 2014.
The idea behind the EIGs is to use considerable experiences from past and ongoing FP7 ERA-Nets and BILATs for future multilateral collaboration with the respective target countries, such as Korea. EIG serves as a discussion and networking forum to define cooperation areas, maintain a strategic dialogue, exchange information and synchronize programs. Through the EIG new programmatic approaches without EC funding shall be developed. The outcomes of the EIG meetings can be fed into discussions at the EU level, and likewise EIG meetings can present an opportunity to share information from the EU level talks with Korea.
What are the goals for the upcoming years?
- The EIG continues to meet at least once a year
- Delegates from the EU shall be regular attendees
- Partners shall sign a confirmation of participation form (not legally binding)
- New partners shall be attracted to the EIG (not only KONNECT partners)
- Partners will rotate in organizing the meetings (rotating presidency)
- Information about the meetings and its outcomes shall be disseminated broadly
- The EIG will develop a roadmap with time plan and responsibilities for upcoming joint activities
- One concrete activity (joint call, workshops, matchmaking events, exchange programs, information events etc.) per year is anticipated
Please use the following registration link if you would like to participate in the meeting on 18th March 2016 in Bonn: https://secure.pt-dlr.de/pt-conference/conference/EIG_KOREA.