New funding opportunities for transnational Research projects in Personalised Medicine. ERA PerMed launched latest call for proposals.
Through its fifth transnational call, ERA PerMed aims to foster research on prevention in personalised medicine.
- Opening of online submission tool: 1 December 2021
introducing the joint transnational call 2022 to the research community:
9 December 2021, 13:00 (CET)
- Submission deadline for pre-proposals: 17 February 2022, 17:00 (CET)
- Submission deadline for full-proposals: 14 June 2022, 17:00 (CEST)
Aims of the Call
The overarching goal of the call is the development of tailor-made strategies for prevention of disease and disease progression, at three different levels:
- preventive measures decreasing the rate of incidence (primary prevention),
- early detection to increase the efficacy of a preventive therapy, even before symptoms are developed (secondary prevention), and
- interventions preventing disease recurrence or improving patients’ care and quality of life (tertiary prevention).
Research on prevention from over-treatment or overmedicalisation in primary, secondary and tertiary personalised preventive approaches is optional and could be part of research proposals, if applicable.