The joint research projects will address mainly applied research. However, basic research of direct relevance for the thematic focus of the call may be addressed too. Projects may also include dedicated measures to enhance mobility, exchanges and access to medium/large scale infrastructures, with the aim to promote researchers mobility and to foster the development of long-term research collaboration. Research proposals regarding one of the the following thematic fields can be submitted:
1. Climate & Environment
1.1. Exploitation and transport of mineral resources: impact on environment;
1.2. Water pollution prevention options for coastal zones and tourist areas.
2.1. Hydrogen production from H2S rich Black Sea Water;
2.2. CO2 capture and storage technologies for zero emission power generation in the Black Sea region.
Socio-economic aspects can be included in the research proposals where relevant.
Countries that are participating in the BS-ERA.NET Pilot Joint Call are: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Italy, Moldova, Romania, Turkey, and Ukraine.
Institutions applying for funding must be eligible for funding by their respective national Funding Party. They can be higher education and research institutes, R&D companies and SMEs.
Other institutions not eligible for funding are invited to join the consortium as well on their own expenses.
The project consortium must comprise at least eligible institutions from 3 different participating countries, of which at least one from a EU country and one from a non-EU country from the extended Black sea region (List of non-EU BS countries: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Moldova, Turkey, Ukraine). One of the institutions must be designated as Coordinating Institution.
The duration of a project must be between 18 and 36 months.
The following Funding Parties participate to the Pilot Joint Call implementation:
- Science Development Foundation under the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan (SDF), Azerbaijan
- Ministry of Education and Science of Bulgaria (MEYSB), Bulgaria
- The Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF), Germany
- The General Secretariat for Research and Technology (GSRT), Ministry of Education, Life Long Learning and Religious Affairs, Greece
- Academy of Sciences of Moldova (ASM), Moldova
- National Centre for Programme Management (CNMP), Romania
- The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TÜBITAK), Turkey
- State Committee of Ukraine for Science, Innovation and Informatization (SCSII), Ukraine
- State Committee of Science of the Republic of Armenia (SCS RA), Armenia,
- Shota Rustaveli National Science Foundation (SNRSF), Georgia
- Italian National Agency for New Technologies Energy and Sustainable Economic Development (ENEA), Italy,
will formally join the Group of Funding Parties soon.
The Pilot Joint Call will be implemented through a coordinated funding scheme whereby each Funding Party will fund its own teams within each multilateral research project, with a view to harmonize the funding contributions in order to guarantee the funding of as many as possible of the projects selected through a peer review process.
For further information, please contact your National Contact Point.
Or contact the Joint Call Secretariat at:
National Centre for Programme Management
Mrs. Lucia Popescu
International Bureau of the Federal Ministry of Education and Research at the Project Management Agency c/o German Aerospace Center
Mr. Andreas Kahle
Further information and downloads can be found here.